Monday, August 2, 2010

Support from my Family

Or rather, what to do when I have none.

In a particular case.

Very particular.

So I went to the Cisco Barbecue for the interns on Friday, a bit of a going away party. And met this guy. Who was pretty cool, if a little well... you'll see. So we have a raffle. Every one of us got an AMC movie ticket, and, predictably, I won nothing. Except the guy who was pretty cool turned out to be... not that cool.

Today at work, he friends me on facebook, and promptly IMs me through the Cisco network. How the hell he found my info working off just my first name and that I intern at Cisco, I don't know. I don't care. But honestly? Nice and pretty cool guy that he is, I'm slightly freaked. Especially since he started going "oh, you're cute" and "we should meet up and go watch a movie sometime."

I tell my family... and they laughed. *sigh*

Why can't I have the overprotective dad that bats the guys away from me with a baseball bat? Although, admittedly, that would make it hard to date at all. But still. Laughing at me? =.=; Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment