Monday, August 16, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. The world

I believe that that was the most bizarre movie I have ever seen. I won't argue against the amusement factor, but I will say that it was one of the odder things I've seen lately.

Seriously, traveling through some kind of mental highway? And then 'killing' people made them burst into coins? And then 'power of love' or 'power of self-worth'?

I know that it was based off a comic, or something, but I can't help but want to slam my head into the wall. The movie wasn't bad, don't get me wrong here, but it wasn't... the greatest movie I've ever seen.

Although I will say that I do like that girl's weapon. Roxy, I think her name was? Long sharp pointy chain. Ooooh ahhhh. And of course Ramona gets a giant mallet from.... WEAPON-SPACE?!

So it was a combination of sci fi (tiny tiny portion) and comic book WTF-ness. Well, it wasn't too bad, I guess...

1 comment:

  1. Michael Cera was...an interesting casting choice. I need to see this movie still....

    ReplyDelete