Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Makeup? What's going on?

So, second day, and I already have a late post.  Well, my "days" don't really end until I sleep.  So there.

Today's post will be on makeup.  And what I don't understand about my addiction to it. 

As some of you may know, I recently (read since college) developed a small obsession.  I now own more makeup than I really should own, and I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from buying more.  So that's the main problem.

Another main problem is I have some makeup items that I don't really know how to use properly.  Most notable of these products is probably bronzer.  I get the general idea about it, you know, make yourself look tanner, or perhaps change your face shape.  But honestly, I don't quite understand the whole... mechanics? art? of bronzing your face.

So, one more thing I don't really get is, well, omg all those brushes!  I have a bunch of makeup brushes now because they were cheap, and they were nice brushes, on sale (kinda).  But! before I started using brushes, I was using those silly little sponge tip applicators which, honestly, did make things harder.  However, there are just so many brushes!  I have a foundation brush.  But wait! I also have a stippling brush.  Both are good with liquid foundations.  And then I have my pressed powder, which doubles as my foundation sometimes, and I need to use a powder brush for that... @_@  Back in the day, I used to just use my fingers for the liquid foundations, and a ... sponge circle thingy for the pressed powder.  And then there's the eye brushes.  To me, there are 3 basic shapes: flat and thin, round, and rectangular and thick.  So why are there -so- many brushes?  Oh wait.  They have all 3 types... in different sizes!  And then there's the difference between synthetic and real hair.  Someone please explain that to me?

Well, that's all I have time for today.  I'll be back with more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment