Thursday, December 16, 2010

A greatest fear

As the semester closes, and my friends start heading home, I'm hit again with one of my biggest fears: being alone. I can't help but want to be with other people, even if they're just silently studying, ignoring everything else around them. I believe this is why I have a compulsive need to work in the lounge. I just don't want to be alone.

Even at the airport, where I know nobody, I feel more comfortable than I do when my dorm is practically empty. At least there's life around me, and I can feel involved in something, even if it is only sitting together at an airport.

This is why I hate the end of the semester, more than anything. At home, my parents or my sister are usually around. During the semester, there's bound to be somebody just hanging out. Just being completely utterly alone is terrifying.

Along with that is my fear of wide open spaces. It's all so empty, without anyone anywhere. Terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment